- Public Speaking Course for women
- Build self-confidence and learn to speak for a group using your own strengths
- Increase your status as an expert and as a leader; Get better in sales and pitching
- Small group (12), lots of interaction
- By Elizabeth Van Den Bergh, Head Speaker Coach TEDxFlanders
- 4 February 2020 from 9 am to 5 pm, in The Library Europe (Woluwe-St.-Pierre, Brussels)
- Price: just € 329.00 excl. VAT
Do you recognise this?
Do you sometimes speak to groups, but you have no idea how to prepare yourself?
Do you get overwhelmed with fear during a speech, or do you feel small?
Do you get the feedback that you should improve your public speaking skills?
You are far from the only one.
You know that authentic powerful speaking is crucial because not knowing how to speak before groups means leaving important career opportunities on the table:
- It takes longer to be seen as an expert
- You're not as good in sales and pitching
- You network less effectively
- You lack influence in your team and organisation
- You are not seen as a leader
There's another world waiting. Just imagine:
... that you can speak to groups with confidence, even without preparation.
... that you create fans every time you get on stage: people who come to you after your talk because they want to know more.
... that in team meetings you simply say what needs to be said, and that your team actually listens and acts on it.
... That an investor who sees you in action thinks: I need to talk to her.
"That's exactly what I want, but eh..."
Where do I learn to speak in public like a boss?
Who'd be the best coach because she is an ambitious woman herself?
And who teaches me to speak without using all sorts of superficial tricks?
Powerful Speaking For Women
A full-day intensive and interactive course for speaking in public, exclusively for women who want to make a lot more impact.
Your Speaker Coach
Elizabeth Van Den Bergh, nice to meet you! I coach ambitious professionals to speak in public with maximum impact.
I have many years of experience as a speaker coach. What I am particularly proud of:
- I coached the CEO EMENA and the CEO Benelux of Nestlé, the largest food company in the world.
- I am Head Speaker Coach At TEDxFlanders, Belgium's most successful TEDx event.
- Every year I work at the European Development Days, organised by the European Commission, where I prepare the Young Leaders for high-level panel talks.
It is my personal mission to make professional women more visible and successful.
Maybe you know Elizabeth of...
What is Powerful Public Speaking For Women?
PSFW is a full-day live training that fits into my personal mission to make ambitious women more visible. So your business grows or you get promoted at work.
After the course:
- You make more impact on your audience because you're less nervous.
- what you say, suddenly 'lands': when talking to colleagues, customers and listeners.
- You gain an important tool to take your personal branding to the next level.
We work hard, learn from each other and have fun.
You return home as a more powerful, authentic and more inspiring speaker.
What previous participants particularly appreciated: interaction & personal attention!
- I'll share my knowledge with you throughout the workshop and we'll apply it on the spot. The theory is kept to the strictly necessary; we'll focus on your opportunity to practice your insights and tips right away.
- Tell me in advance whether you'd like to work on a keynote, a presentation, workshop or training or lecture, and I'll take care of the custom teaching material.
- Those who want to, will receive an evaluation based on a video recording.
My experience with Elizabeth Is that she is a person with outstanding ability to coach and teach speakers, make them feel confident and engage in a professional way. She invests all her energy in the subject and transfers her knowledge and skill in a pleasant and friendly manner to make one feel at ease with being coached.
She is an excellent coach and comes highly recommended.
Zelda la Grange — Nelson Mandela’s personal aide for 19 years, author and speaker
Morning: Mindset, discovering your speaking style and mastering your opening
- After a pleasant voice and body warm-up, the participants present themselves to the group.
- Then we work on your leadership and mindset. You will learn where your nervousness comes from and how to get rid of it.
- You'll learn to bring a powerful speech opening before the group. That way you catch your listeners' attention from the start.
Afternoon: Storytelling, connection with your audience and rhetoric
- I'll teach you techniques to best prepare a powerful presentation. With these techniques, many participants cut their preparation time for speeches in half.
- I'll teach you how to connect with your audience so you actually inspire.
- We conclude the day with an informal moment when you can talk and network with the other participants.
Elizabeth took my presentation skills to the next level. Her training showed me my blind spots and gave me alternatives. (...) Not only did Elizabeth do an excellent coaching job, but she made recommendations regarding clothing and style. (...) I would definitely recommend her to colleagues and companies.
Prof. Dr. Elke Van Hoof — Professor at Université Libre de Bruxelles, guest lecturer Vlerick Business School, CEO Center of Resilience
What makes Powerful Speaking For Women different than any other public speaking course?
I work with the raw material: you. Other courses focus on 'one-size-fits-all' speaker techniques and tricks. In this course, we first work on your self-confidence and leadership before we move on to specific preparation and speaking techniques.
The theory is kept to a minimum. Of course there are things you need to know. But we are going to practice, practice, practice as soon as possible! Speaking in public is learned mainly by doing it.
More relevant thanks to a sharp focus. This training is for women only. With common challenges to overcome, you'll learn a lot from the others and will expand your network with 11 other professional women.
The small group allows for a personal approach. You don't end up in a room with 100 others, but in an inspiring meeting space with 11 like-minded others. An intimate setting that focuses on your personal growth.
Despite the short workshop, I learned a great number of hacks that I have been using in my daily work since.
In addition to the speaking tricks of the trade, Elizabeth had framed all of the exercises in a context that gave a lot of food for thought – especially for women speakers preparing for panels and bigger presentations.
Anna-Kaisa Itkonen — Spokesperson, Gender Equality Campaigner
Video: What do previous participants say?
BONUS: Access to the private community
Participation in this workshop lets you join my online community Authentic, Bold and Powerful Public Speaking for Women.
There, you can discuss with like-minded women and ask questions about public speaking. Useful!
I definitely recommend Elizabeth because she gave me top notch coaching according to my needs. The keynote coaching was very much to the point. Elizabeth made it about me and not about her. I will remember the importance of highlighting the key points of your presentation and to cut away all unnecessary information.
Ylva Nordström – Marketing Specialist in Retail Stores & Stories
Lovely, inspiring location
The Library Europe is a unique space that combines offices, coworking, and meeting rooms.
Danish-born founder Anne-Sofie Van den Born Rehfeld grew up in a library, and decided to recreate that particular atmosphere that the Danish call hygge: a feeling of well-being, connection and warmth.
The result is one of the cosiest and most stylish places to work and meet in Brussels.
You might even be offered a home-made brownie during the break!
Practical details: at a glance
- Location: The Library Europe, Broquevillelaan 40, 1200 Woluwe-St.-Pierre (trains & trams stop nearby)
- Date: Tue, 3 February 2020
- Investment: € 329.00 excl. VAT
- 8.45 am - 9.00 am: Welcome
- 9.00 am - 5.00 pm: Training incl. breaks
We allow max. 12 participants.
Lunch, refreshments, workbook and membership of the online community are included in the price.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Is this training conducted in English?
I am not a native English speaker. Is that a problem?
Not at all. As a matter of fact, the majority of participants have been non-native speakers. It's enough to have professional working proficiency in English.
My work consists of ... Is this training right for me?
If you address audiences in any capacity — as a keynote speaker, as a lecturer, as a leader, ... we guarantee you will benefit from this training. If you want to make extra sure, get in touch.